Welcome to the third Fall Fandom Free-For-All. This is a multifandom, all-fanworks, free-for-all! Basically, request any fanworks you would like – fic, art, videos – in any fandom. In return, you offer to make something for someone else.
How it works:
1. You post a comment requesting up to ten items, i.e. no more than ten. The items can be a mixture of the following three different types of fanwork: fiction (includes podfic), vids or art (art includes icons, wallpaper, banners, fic covers, mood themes, gifs etc). Ask for any fandom at all, including RPF, and if you'd like original fic or stock icons, feel free to request those too. Do say, though, if you don't want to share icons.
2. Only one comment per person. If you think of something after you've posted, you can edit your comment up until someone replies to it!
3. Be specific about fandom/genre/crossovers etc. Long or short prompts are fine, or just a character or pairing if you've nothing specific in mind.
Here are some examples of the sort of details to provide:
Fic: Supernatural, Sam/Sarah, happy future fic (but no babies). Please don't kill Dean!
Fic: X-Men: First Class, ensemble. A post-apocalypse zombie AU. Ideal pairings are Erik/Charles and Hank/Raven. The more angst the better.
Icons: Eureka, Jack Carter, with my name (Amy) on. I love bright icons, and my favourite colours are green and blue.
Gifs: Any fandom, but favourites would be Marvel movies, Lost, Supernatural or Suits, excited/happy characters!
Vid: An Angel the Series vid, focussing on the last season, set to British Sea Power – All In It.
Wallpaper: Shelter, Zach and Shaun, 1280x800, using lyrics from Time by Pink Floyd.
4. Trawl the list and offer to make something for someone (or come back later if it's early days for requests). Reply to a comment saying you can make an item. If you request something, PLEASE DO make something for someone else too, something NEW, not just a link to something you've made previously. I'm relying on the honour system for this, but please, do what you can for other people, it's only fair! You can offer to make as many items as you are confident you can complete.
5. There's no minimum or maximum limit on size, length or quantity of the fanworks. If you can only write a drabble to someone's prompt, or make one icon, that's fine: I'd rather everyone got something, however little. Also, if someone has already made something to a prompt and you want to make something for the same prompt, go right ahead. However, it'd be great if you'd try to fulfil the prompt of someone who doesn't have anything yet, so everyone gets something.
6. When the fanwork is finished, come back and reply again to the requester's comment, with a link to the finished item/a post with the finished item. If you have made an item that will fit into a comment and want to reply directly with it, that's fine too. You can post your fiction, vids, or shareable artwork wherever you like!
7. You are encouraged to fill multiple prompts! And you are doubly encouraged to fill prompts for people who have not yet received something. The hope is that everyone gets a little something in the Free-For-All, and you can make that happen.
8. Sorry, but anonymous requests are not allowed.
The Free-For-All launches Thursday 22nd September.
Deadline for items is Friday 18th November. After this date no more requests can be made. Links to fanworks CAN be posted after 18th November, but I'd encourage you to try to finish on time.
Link buttons for pimpage (hotlinking is fine, and you can use the big banner if you like):
Any questions/comments/random thoughts on the challenge, leave them on the questions post.
ETA: There is now a Fall Fandom Free-For-All Collection on AO3, with sub-collections for all three editions of the Fall Fandom Free-For-All, so you can archive work for the current challenge or previous ones there.