Welcome to the second Fall Fandom Free-For-All. This is a multifandom, all-fanworks, free-for-all! Basically, request any piece of fanwork you would like – fic, art, icons, video – in any fandom. In return, you offer to make something for someone else.
How it works:
1. You post a comment requesting up to ten items, i.e. no more than ten. The items can be a mixture of the following three different types of fanwork: fiction (includes podfic), vids or art (art includes icons, wallpaper, banners, fic covers, mood themes etc). Ask for any fandom at all, and if you'd like original fic or stock icons, feel free to request those too. Do say, though, if you don't want to share icons.
2. Only one comment per person please. If you think of something after you've posted, you can edit your comment up until someone replies to it!
3. Be specific about fandom/genre etc. Long or short prompts are fine, or just a character or pairing if you've nothing specific in mind.
Here are some examples of the sort of details to provide:
Fic: Supernatural, Sam/Sarah, happy future fic (but no babies). Please don't kill Dean!
Icons: Eureka, Jack Carter, with my name (Sophie) on. I love bright icons, and my favourite colours are green and blue.
Vid: An Angel the Series vid, focussing on the last season, set to British Sea Power – All In It.
Wallpaper: Shelter, Zach and Shaun, 1280x800, using lyrics from Time by Pink Floyd.
4. Trawl the list and offer to make something for someone (or come back later if it's early days for requests). Reply to a comment saying you can make an item. If you request something, PLEASE DO make something for someone else too, something NEW, not just a link to something you've made previously. I'm relying on the honour system for this, but please, do what you can for other people, it's only fair! You can offer to make as many items as you like, but please do your best to complete your offers.
5. There's no minimum or maximum limit on size, length or quantity of the fanworks. If you can only write a drabble to someone's prompt, or make one icon, that's fine: I'd rather everyone got something, however little. Also, if someone has already made something to a prompt and you want to make something for the same prompt, go right ahead. However, it'd be great if you'd try and fulfil the prompt of someone who doesn't have anything yet, so everyone gets something.
6. When the fanwork is finished, come back and reply again to the requester's comment, with a link to the finished item/a post with the finished item. If you have made an item that will fit into a comment and want to reply directly with it, that's fine too. You can post your fiction, vids, or shareable artwork wherever you like!
7. You are encouraged to fill multiple prompts! And you are doubly encouraged to fill prompts for people who have not yet received something. The hope is that everyone gets a little something in the Free-For-All, and you can make that happen.
8. Sorry, but anonymous requests are not allowed.
The Free-For-All launches Wednesday 16th September.
Deadline for items is Wednesday, November 18th. After this date no more requests can be made. Links to fanworks CAN be posted after November 18th, but I'd encourage you to try to finish on time.
Link buttons for pimpage (hotlinking is fine):
Thanks to pheebs1 for many of the ideas I've carried over from last year and for telling me to go ahead this year even though she's not going to be around enough to take part, and to templemarker for helping me fine-tune the challenge.
Any questions, leave them here.
ETA: A reminder. Requests should be for fiction, art or vids only. Please don't request anything else (music mixes, layouts, recs, etc) - I have simplified the format from last year, as I'm running it solo and need to keep potential problems to a minimum. Thank you!