To join the battle, all you need to do is pick a prompt and write some porny fiction or make a hot manip, drawing, painting, vid or song.
When you've written/painted/made it, paste it into the comments on EITHER the livejournal or the dreamwidth entry post (NOT both). Once you've done that, you can post it wherever else you want.
- Participants must be over 16, or over the age of consent in your country, whichever is greater.
- All entries should be based on one of the prompts provided on the prompt page for this Battle. You may use any prompt on the list, including ones you left. N.B. Popular pairings with multiple prompts have the prompts in a list after the name: eg GetBackers, Otowa Madoka/Fuyuki Shido, home, delicate, musical, bite - there are four separate prompts for this pairing, not one long prompt. You can write/draw/vid just one of these prompts, or use multiple prompts in one piece. If it says [any] after a pairing, then no prompt was given, and you can write/draw/vid whatever you want.
- You may enter as many times as you like, so long as each entry is completely separate (not a series of linked pieces). Also, please do not enter old work - this should be something new, produced for the challenge, based on one of the prompts.
- Stories: should fit in one comment, so the limit is 16,000 characters, approximately 2,750 words on Dreamwidth, or 4,300 characters, roughly 750 to 800 words, on Livejournal (there's no minimum word limit). Please do not leave multiple comments for one entry. If the story is too long for one comment, post it elsewhere (your journal/website/AO3) and link to it, including an excerpt from the story. Links must not be to a locked post.
- Art: if it's larger than 800 px wide or 500 kB, please use a thumbnail linking to the art, or to a post containing the art.
- Vids and songs: please either provide a permanent link, or email me and I'll upload it for you and provide a link. If you prefer, a link to a blog post is fine rather than posting the actual download link in the comments.
- NEW: please warn before the work for rape/non-con, major character death, graphic violence or underage content, or state that you chose not to use warnings. Any other warnings are at the discretion of the author/artist/vidder. You can also say 'No warnings apply'.
- Important! Please use the subject line of your comment to identify your work, like so:
Title, Fandom, Pairing, prompt word(s)
Title, Crossover, Fandom/Fandom, Pairing, prompt word(s)
Title, Bandom, Band(s), Pairing, prompt word(s)
Title, RPF, Pairing, prompt word(s)
Seek Me Out, Shin Angyo Onshi, Marlene von Lucid/Sando, fight, skin
Tales of a Scorched Earth, Crossover, Leverage/White Collar, Alec Hardison/Neal Caffrey, bargain
Please keep it to that order, and give the full fandom name, not an abbreviation, e.g. A Song of Ice and Fire - George R. R. Martin, not ASOIAF. See the first entry if you're unsure.
If you're using prompts from the 'Any character played by actor X' section, please add the fandom(s) in the subject line, and note the original prompt at the start of the entry.
- Anonymous posting of entries is not allowed. Please see question 4 on the FAQ if you don't have a livejournal or dreamwidth account.
- The Archive of Our Own (AO3) Porn Battle XIII subcollection is now open for entries, so I'd encourage as many as possible to archive their work there after posting here. Further details are on the FAQ.
- You have eight days – the post will close for new entries at 7 pm (UK time) on Monday 13th February 2012. [ What time is that in the rest of the world? ] [ Countdown]
- READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING - CAREFULLY!!!!
Please don't post anything but stories or feedback/feedback replies (to individual pieces) here. If you have any questions or comments, please leave them on one of the question posts (links below).
Readers/viewers: please leave feedback for the authors and artists - I'm sure they will appreciate it, and you may well spur them on to provide more. But please make sure you click on 'reply to this' directly underneath the story/art/vid/song so that the creator gets their feedback. And do check out the posts on both Dreamwidth and Livejournal to enjoy all the fanworks.
I'll be updating the website with links to entries as the week progresses. A huge thank you to everyone who's helped!
TIME'S UP - NO MORE ENTRIES HERE (THOUGH IF YOU WANT TO ADD WORKS TO AO3, THAT'S FINE)
This entry is also posted at http://oxoniensis.dreamwidth.org/46